Digital Marketing Talent:
Who Is Pharma Hiring?
Digital technology—it's everywhere you look. And nowhere is the impact of digital technology more apparent than new digital job creations and hiring practices within the pharmaceutical industry.
While pharma still under-spends on digital marketing itself, many companies are responding to the increasing importance of digital technology and problem-solving with the development of new jobs and titles. With new positions such as 'social media and community management' and 'mobile marketing and app development', the industry is increasingly focused on the future of digital.
In Digital Marketing Talent: Who is Pharma Hiring? FirstWord goes behind the doors of HR departments and recruitment firms to examine the current job market in digital marketing. The report not only identifies the most in-demand digital jobs, but looks at how hiring practices are changing, too. From descriptions of new positions to the challenges of finding the right skill set and experience in new hires, the report is a snapshot of how digital technology is impacting pharma and how companies can access its power.
- Charts and statistics illustrating digital hiring trends
- Profiles of the major new jobs titles and emerging digital leadership
- Discussion of the influence of Digital Natives as they enter the workforce
- Breakdown of budgetary trends in digital versus traditional marketing
- Insight into social media recruiting
- Compelling and concise advice on digital community building
- Expert, up-to-date insight into how digital jobs are being created and why
- Insight into the challenges of filling digital positions
- Advice and opinions on how to meet those challenges
Key Questions Asked
- What are the new trends for digital employment, including positions and filling them?
- Which digital capabilities are being developed in-house versus being outsourced?
- How are budgets and digital marketing activities being affected by bringing in new talent and services?
- Is pharma taking on the challenge of digital and social media recruiting?
- What is the right skill set for digital positions?
Who Should Read This Report
- Marketing directors and managers
- Digital marketing heads
- Brand managers
- Advertising and promotion teams
- eBusiness/emerging technology experts
- Recruiters/HR heads
- Corporate affairs and corporate communications
- Digital communications agencies
“We recently hired a Digital Marketer specifically for HR. More than just searching for someone having these skills, for us to actually have named it that way—Digital Marketer for HR—that is new.”
– Ted Meulenkamp, Roche
“From my vantage point, there needs to be more resources allocated toward this digital and social movement in terms of being able to integrate more with the existing traditional functions.”
– Senior Manager, Digital and Social Media, Corporate Pharma
“Our team did not exist 18 months ago, so there are more full-time heads purely aligned to digital activity where there weren't before.”
– Digital Marketing Manager
Ted Meulenkamp, International Program Manager Attraction and Sourcing, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Neil Crump, Managing Director & Owner, Aurora, Healthcare Communications Agency, UK
Rob Harrison, Founder, 41 Minds, Digital Agency, UK
- Executive summary
> Digital trends visualized
- Digital talent trends
> New job titles
> Emerging digital leadership
> Areas of digital growth
- Is regulatory experience required?
- Digital natives entering the workforce
- Two digital leadership job descriptions
> Digital marketing head
> Senior consultant talent acquisition social&nbmedia
> Social capital and influence
> Digital marketing salaries
> Digital budgets
> Digital marketing & social measurement
> Recruiting via the social web
> Measuring success of social recruiting
> New digital résumés
- Digital advice